Physical Therapy Board of California

Reporting Mailing or Email Address Change

Pursuant to Title 16, California Codes of Regulations, Section 1398.6, applicants and licensees are required to report in writing to PTBC each address change, including email, no later than thirty (30) calendar days from the date the change occurred.

PTBC requires both a residential address and an address of record.

Residential Address

  • Cannot be a PO Box.
  • Is confidential. 

Address of Record

  • May be a PO Box or an address other than your residential address (e.g., place of business).
  • Is where all PTBC mailings will be sent.
  • May be disclosed to the public. California law requires PTBC to provide upon written request the address of record of any licensee. The address of record will be released to any individual or entity who inquires.

How to Report Your Mailing or Email Address Change

Submit a Request for Address Change online.


  Address Change FAQ

No fee is required to update your address. However, if you would like your new address displayed on your wallet license, you will need to request and pay for a duplicate license. You can request a duplicate license online as well.

YES. A residential address is required; therefore, you must notify PTBC every time your residential address changes.

In the event a complaint is filed against or involving you, PTBC needs to be able to locate you as part of the investigative process.

 Address changes submitted online are updated and effective immediately.